Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Zero Hour Movie Reviews: How I Live Now

There have been plenty of times I wanted to give a movie a chance regardless of what my gut instincts told me. Despite the mixed reviews I had heard on ZEDD Radio, How I Live Now is one movie that made me regret the time I invested into it. Essentially, this post apocalyptic movie is about a grumpy teenager who moves to a farm where her cousins live. What unfolds next is the same tired formula of the reluctant "cool" adolescent who falls in love with the charming "uncool" country folk. The only horrifyingly original thing about this movie is the creepy love story featuring the main character falling in love with her cousin. I am not sure how the viewer should feel about this relationship, however it was definitely disturbing and kind of gross. Despite the romanticized incest relationship, the rest of the story could be considered your typical young adult love story. I really wanted to like this story since I like the post apocalyptic genre, however the love story was just awful. I seriously can not recommend How I Live Now, which is why I disappointingly give it a one out of five stars.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment